Hopefully you can find all the answers to your questions on our website. Listed below are questions to help you in your thinking about issues relative to your son or daughter's interest. in the program. If you can't find the answers to your questions below, please feel free to contact our offices for additional support.
What do the Rutgers Upward Bound Programs do for students?
Upward Bound is a year-round project that offers academic year workshops such as SAT preparation, cultural activities, college tours, college planning, series of specialized courses, STEM experiences, workshops, and programs and a mandatory six week summer institute where students are exposed to college level classes and student life lead by highly trained faculty and staff.
Where is Upward Bound located?
Upward Bound is located at Rutgers University, Livingston Campus. Our offices are located in the Lucy Stone Hall A-Wing. During the summer and school year we explore buildings all over campus.
When is tutoring available and in what subjects?
One-on-One tutoring sessions are available on Saturdays during the Academic year in Writing/Composition, Mathematics, Science, and SAT prep.
Am I eligible for Upward Bound?
To be eligible for Upward Bound, you must:
- Rising 9th graders through 11th grade.
- Be either first generation to attend college in their family or meet low-income requirement as defined by the federal government.
- Students who are citizens or permanent residents of the United Stated.
- Students who have at least a “C” average.
- Students who intend to pursue a college education.
- Students who complete the application, personal statement and interview process.
- Attend Plainfield, Perth Amboy or New Brunswick Public Schools.
How do I apply for the Upward Bound?
You can visit your guidance counselor for applications, email email@example.com
What is the difference between Upward Bound and Upward Bound Math Science?
Upward Bound is a pre-college program designed to assist and motivate students to successfully graduate from high school, prepare for college. Upward Bound Math-Science provide the same services as the traditional Upward Bound program to prepare students for college. However, the RUB Math-Science Program serves additional students with a focused preparation for major’s and careers in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (S.T.E.M).